Monday, July 23, 2007

Today I end my 5-year sojourn in California. I return home to Singapore where I will begin medical school. I will miss this place that I've called home for the past few years, the people I've worked with, the friends I've made, the culture and lifestyle...But this is a choice I've made, and there's no turning back. We will keep in touch with everything here in America, that's our promise to this wonderful country.

On Saturday, we went to Skates once more for dinner. As we drove along the road toward the Marina, I recalled the time we went kite-flying, summer of 2005. It was beautiful, gorgeous, just like Saturday. I wanted to jump out of the car and run through the tall grasses, smell the sea air, and just scream with nostalgia and gratitude. These words come to mind: "Goodbye, America," I wanted to shout. "I'm not done with you yet, so I'm not saying farewell!"

I've grown and changed much, learned a lot, since the day I stepped foot on American soil at SFO in 2003. Who knows what the next 5 years will bring.

Que sera, sera......The future's not ours to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home