Saturday, February 24, 2007

I am highly encouraged by this quote I found in Danny's page-a-day desk calendar, the 2007 "365 Stupidest Things Ever Said", by Ross and Kathryn Petras.

The entry for Tuesday, February 6th, 2007, was given to an editor of J.K.Rowling's, after her first Harry Potter book (Philosopher's Stone) was purchased for about $2000 in 1996. This editor told her:

"You'll never make any money out of children's books, Jo. Keep your real job."

Yowtch.

I love bittersweet justice. I also love it that editors, the guys who make or break a writer's ego and self-worth, can sometimes be wrong. That, coming from an aspiring writer who's New Year's resolution is to submit my manuscript this year.

Wish me luck. I'm almost into March. 9 more months of 2007 left to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home