Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Alright I admit I'm not a poet (guess I don't chou yan enough, if you get my drift)...

Thai Fighters

Drenched, cold, slimy arena
Reeks

Bursting sunshine filtered through
Tap water
Splits in Newtonian fashion
Rainbow

Two contenders meander 'round each other
One with plume of Air Force blue
One with uniform of Communist red
Count the seconds...

Fight!

Iron muscles lash out like chains
Gnashing teeth tearing tender flesh

The Blue leaks red, zigs and zags
The Red turns and bites again
Blue loses magnificent plume; sinks mournfully
Red readies to blast again, beady eyes ferocious and hungry...

I scoop him up, back into his own glass jar
Before he can kill my Blue, tail-less fighting fish.

END

*All works are the original creations of the author (me).*
COPYRIGHT 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home